The Great American Crossing
New York Arrival
Arrive in New York City and transfer independently to your hotel where you will meet with your Tour Director in the evening.
New York – Philadelphia – Washington D.C.
We depart New York for Philadelphia, where we spend the morning exploring the historic district of the “City of Brotherly Love” and the birthplace of a nation. See the Liberty Bell, and stroll through Independence National Historic Park and Mall. Then continue to the nation’s capital, Washington, D.C.
Enjoy a city tour with such highlights as the U.S. Capitol Building, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, the White House and Arlington National Cemetery, site of the JFK Memorial. Spend the remainder of the day exploring some of the many museums comprising the Smithsonian Institute or simply stroll the banks of the Potomac River.
Washington D.C. – Gettysburg – Niagara Falls, Canada
Today, visit Gettysburg National Military Park, site of one of the most decisive battles during the American Civil War, and the place where Abraham Lincoln gave his famous address in 1863. We then travel through upstate New York to Buffalo and finally cross the international border into Canada, where the thundering noise and mist of Niagara Falls permeates the air.
Niagara Falls – The Great Lakes – Detroit
Spend the morning sightseeing at Niagara Falls. Stroll along Table Rock and view the thundering waters of Horseshoe Falls. In the late afternoon, return to the United States, crossing the border and continuing to your hotel in a suburb of Detroit, known as “Motor City USA”.
Detroit – Chicago
This morning we make an early start to visit the fascinating Henry Ford Museum. After time exploring the many exhibits of the museum we will visit the nearby Ford plant and watch a modern production vehicle roll off the ever busy factory floor. We then leave Motor City behind and travel along Lake Michigan to Chicago for our overnight stay.
Today we will enjoy a short tour of the city’s highlights including Lake Shore Drive, the Magnificent Mile and Navy Pier. The rest of the day is at leisure.
Chicago – Mississippi River Crossing – Sioux Falls
Travel through Midwest farm country abundant in cornfields, wheat fields and dairy farms. Then we cross the mighty Mississippi River and travel into the state of Iowa to arrive just as Lewis & Clark did 200 years ago on the banks of the Missouri River. Overnight in Sioux Falls.
Sioux Falls – Badlands National Park – Mt. Rushmore National Memorial – Deadwood/Rapid City
Travel westward through the grasslands of South Dakota and onwards to Badlands National Park, once home to the buffalo and antelope, and filled with strange shaped and colorful rock formations. Then we continue on to the Black Hills, sacred to the Plains Indians and home to Mount Rushmore.
Deadwood/Rapid City – Bighorn Mountains – Cody
Enter the state of Wyoming, which has twelve mountain ranges intermixed with deserts and rolling grasslands, and continue to Cody for the night.
If overnight in Cody is not possible due to weather or adverse road conditions in Yellowstone, overnight will be in Billings/Livingston, Montana.
Cody – Yellowstone National Park
Drive past the mountains in Wyoming to Yellowstone, America’s first National Park, and enjoy a sightseeing tour of this immense geothermal wonderland including: geysers, waterfalls, wildlife and canyons. Highlights will include Yellowstone Lake, Old Faithful, Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone Canyon’s majestic falls, and the beautiful Hayden Valley.
Yellowstone – Grand Teton National Park – Salt Lake City
Travel through Grand Teton National Park (weather permitting) and see awesome mountain peaks towering over 13,000 ft. Visit the Snake River Outlook and try your eye at capturing the stunning landscape made famous by Ansel Adam’s iconic shot. Later, arrive in the Mormon State of Utah and take a short city tour of its capital, Salt Lake City. The followers of Brigham Young built one of the best-planned cities in the country. See the State Capital building and visit famed Temple Square and the Tabernacle before arriving at the hotel for the evening.
Salt Lake City – Bryce Canyon National Park
Continue today to spectacular Bryce Canyon, where a tour through a multi-colored world of sandstone spires and pinnacles, "hoodoos", will dazzle the eye. This evening, weather permitting, be sure to gaze upon the spectacular night sky filled with sparkling stars & brilliant constellations.
Bryce Canyon – Lake Powell – Grand Canyon – Flagstaff
Depart Bryce Canyon this morning and journey to stunning Lake Powell, where crystal blue water laps against towering red-rock canyon walls. Lake Powell is the second-largest man made lake in America, and one in a series of lakes formed by the damming of the Colorado River. Then visit colossal Grand Canyon National Park, one of the seven great natural wonders of the world. Stop at the Canyon rim to fully experience this mile-deep canyon’s plunging gorges, rising spires, extinct volcanoes and, below the rim, the winding Colorado River. Overnight in Flagstaff, a famed stop on historic Route 66.
Flagstaff – Seligman/Route 66 – Las Vegas
This morning depart Flagstaff and travel on to Las Vegas, the dazzling “Entertainment Capital of the World”. Along the way, pass through Seligman, a town built along the famed Route 66 that looks as if it were frozen in time sixty years ago. The remainder of the day is at leisure for you to explore the dazzling Las Vegas strip.
Las Vegas – Mojave Desert – Beverly Hills – Los Angeles
Travel to Los Angeles through the Mojave Desert, where clusters of unique Joshua trees dot the mountainous landscape. Upon arrival in Los Angeles you will enjoy a tour through the "City of Angeles" including Hollywood, Sunset Strip and parts of Beverly Hills, before reaching your hotel.
Today we suggest an optional full-day tour visiting the world’s largest movie studio and theme park: Universal Studios. Get an inside look at the sets and uncover behind the scenes secrets of legendary films or perhaps, for the more adventurous, take one of the Studios’ feature rides.
Los Angeles – Malibu – Santa Barbara – Central Coast
Leave Los Angeles in the morning and travel north through one of California’s favorite vacation spots, Santa Barbara, where palm-lined walkways border white sandy beaches. The city is famous for its mission and Spanish heritage. Along the way, stop at an iconic California lifeguard tower made famous in “Baywatch”.
Central Coast – Carmel/Monterey – San Francisco
Today we make our way north to Carmel, home of actor/director Clint Eastwood. Enjoy browsing the shops and galleries of this famous artists’ colony. Traveling further north, visit Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf. Stroll the Pier to Cannery Row, brought to fame by John Steinbeck’s novel. In the afternoon pass the fertile valleys of Castroville and Santa Clara en route to San Francisco, the “City by the Bay.” Tour concludes upon arrival at the hotel.
San Francisco Departure
Transfer independently to the airport for your return flight.
Prices, Dates, Hotels & Conditions
CHANGE CURRENCY€ £ $ A$ ¥ C$
The final price you will pay for this tour is that displayed in USD. Prices converted in other
currencies are for guidance purposes only and are approximate.
|DEPARTURES 2022||PRICE FROM|
|JUNE 3, 17||2872|
|JULY 8, 22||3136|
|SEP 9, 16, 30||3136|
YOUR ESCORTED MOTORCOACH TOUR INCLUDES
- Services of a professional Tour Manager throughout
- Deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach with onboard restroom facilities
- Hotel accommodations as specified or similar
- Sightseeing as specified
- Hotel taxes; service charges; and baggage (one suitcase per person)
TOUR HIGHLIGHT INCLUSIONS
- 5 complimentary breakfasts*
- Welcome Drink at your New York Hotel
- Explore the birthplace of America: Philadelphia and visit the Liberty Bell
- Grand city tour of Washington DC
- Stroll the National Mall and its famous Memorials: Lincoln, Washington and more….
- Experience Gettysburg: the most famous battle site in the American Civil War
- Visit Niagara Falls and renown Floral Clock with Westminster Chimes
- Visit the Henry Ford Museum and an automobile production plant
- Orientation tour of downtown Chicago including Lake Shore Drive, Navy Pier & the Magnificent Mile
- See the famous carving of the 4 American Presidents’ faces: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt at Mount Rushmore
- Discover the world’s first National Park: Yellowstone
- Tour Salt Lake City including Temple Square, home to the Mormon Tabernacle
- Explore Bryce Canyon National Park
- Travel the historic Route 66, stopping at the iconic town of Seligman
- Photo stop at the landmark “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign
- Travel across the Mojave Desert and see its indigenous Joshua Trees
- Orientation tour of Los Angeles including stops at some of its most famous spots
- See Hollywood and its ‘Sidewalk of the Stars’
- Travel California’s central coast and its rich agricultural plains
- Visit Monterey including Cannery Row, inspiration for American author John Steinbeck
- Journey through one of America’s most renown technology hubs: Silicon Valley
|1||New York City||The Lexington Hotel NYC|
|2-3||Washington D.C.||Marriott Wardman Park|
|4||Niagara Falls||Best Western Cairn Croft|
|5||Detroit||Best Western Greenfield Inn*|
|6-7||Chicago||Inn of Chicago|
|8||Sioux City||Comfort Suites*|
|9||Rapid City||Baymont by Wyndham Keystone Near Mount Rushmore*|
|10||Cody||Buffalo Bill Village/Holiday Inn Cody|
|11||Yellowstone Park||Gray Wolf Inn/Clubhouse Inn*|
|12||Salt Lake City||Little America Hotel Salt Lake City|
|13||Bryce Canyon National Park||Bryce View Lodge|
|14||Flagstaff||Days Hotel Flagstaff*|
|15||Las Vegas||Luxor Las Vegas|
|16-17||Los Angeles||Crowne Plaza LAX|
|18||Central Coast||Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Santa Maria|
|19||San Francisco||Hotel Carlton|
PRE & POST HOTELS
PRE: New York City, The Lexington Hotel NYC
POST: San Francisco, Hotel Carlton
This tour crosses the U.S./Canada border. Passengers should obtain relevant visas for both nations prior to travel where necessary.
- Washington Night Tour with dinner in fashionable Georgetown
- Enjoy a Niagara Falls “close up” experience: a boat ride at it base followed by lunch atop the Skylon Tower
- Enjoy a river cruise in Chicago, seeing the works of famous American architects
- Ride to the top of Willis Tower and enjoy the spectacular view (weather permitting)
- Dinner at the Roof Restaurant in Salt Lake City with panoramic views of Temple Square
- Dinner and boot stompin’ fun to cowboy music at Bryce Canyon
- Grand Canyon helicopter flight
- Fly over Lake Powell and enjoy a Monument Valley tour
- Las Vegas evening Tour
- Dinner at Bubba Gump’s in Long Beach
- Visit Universal Studios