Arrive Los Angeles
Arrive Los Angeles International Airport and transfer via shuttle bus to the hotel where you will meet your Tour Director.
Los Angeles – The Orange County – San Diego – Los Angeles
Travel south through San Juan Capistrano and San Clemente to San Diego, the second largest city in California, renowned for its year-round mild weather. Following a city tour, visit picturesque Seaport Village and the San Diego\'s relaxing bayfront marketplace. Perhaps enjoy the opportunity for shopping. Return to Los Angeles for the evening.
Los Angeles – Palm Springs – Phoenix/Scottsdale
Today your journey takes you through Palm Springs, the winter playground for Hollywood royalty, with its lively downtown and immaculately kept golf courses at the base of the rugged San Jacinto Mountains. A sea of wind turbines mark the entrance to this desert oasis. Afterwards you will pass through Indio, home to the Int’l Date Festival in the Coachella Valley.
Phoenix/Scottsdale – Sedona – Grand Canyon
Travel through the Sonoran Desert, the richest, most biologically diverse desert ecosystem in the Americas. Continue to Sedona, a city situated in a unique geological area and encircled by distinctive red-rock monoliths with such names as Cathedral and Coffee Pot. Then drive through the breathtaking Oak Creek Canyon before arriving at Grand Canyon National Park. Majestic Grand Canyon National Park is one of the 7 great natural wonders of the world. Stop at the rim to fully experience this mile-deep colorful canyon’s plunging gorges, and rising spires formed by the mighty Colorado River.
Grand Canyon – Monument Valley – Page/Lake Powell
As you journey further today, you will enter the Navajo Indian Reservation, passing the trading post of Cameron. Continue through the Painted Desert to visit Monument Valley, an area that embodies perhaps the most iconic images of the American West. In the afternoon, enter the town of Page, situated on a mesa above the Colorado River. Evening at leisure.
Page/Lake Powell – Kanab – Bryce Canyon
Visit the mighty Glen Canyon Dam, the second highest concrete-arch dam in America. From here you’ll enjoy views of stunning Lake Powell, where crystal blue water laps against towering red-rock canyon walls. Enter the Mormon state of Utah, pass through the town of Kanab before visiting spectacular Bryce Canyon, where a tour through a multi-colored world of sandstone spires and pinnacles will dazzle the eye. This evening, weather permitting, be sure to gaze upon the spectacular night sky filled with sparkling stars and brilliant constellations.
Bryce Canyon – Zion – Las Vegas
Travel today to Zion National Park and see the massive rock formations carved by wind, time, and the Virgin River. This afternoon experience the contrast of Las Vegas, the dazzling “Entertainment Capital of the World”, where round-the-clock shopping, nightly shows, and of course gambling are available. As we stop at the iconic Las Vegas Welcome sign, you may wish to capture a photo memory there.
Today is at leisure for you to enjoy the many attractions that Las Vegas has to offer. In addition to world-class shopping, bustling casinos, and Broadway-caliber shows, you might simply stroll the famous Strip to take in its amazing sights, or “shop ‘til you drop” at designer outlets.
Las Vegas – Death Valley – Mammoth Lakes**
Today starts with a stop at the iconic Las Vegas Welcome Sign where you may wish to capture your photo memory of Las Vegas. Having enjoyed glamorous Las Vegas, it will be a sharp contrast this afternoon to enter the quiet and extreme environment of Death Valley. Stop at Zabriskie Point and Furnace Creek Ranch before continuing across the valley and ascending the Sierra Nevada Mountains to the alpine resort town of Mammoth Lakes**. The area gained prominence as a gold mining town in the 19th century and today is renown for the superior skiing terrain and staggeringly beautiful mountain vistas.
**Winter Routing the Tioga Pass may be closed due to weather or road conditions, in which case you will overnight in Fresno or Visalia and a visit to Mammoth Lakes will not be possible (winter routing applies to all departures between October and May under normal snow conditions).
Mammoth Lakes** – Yosemite - Sacramento
Arise with the morning sun and join us for an optional seasonal scenic gondola ride to the summit of Mammoth and enjoy a tasty breakfast as you survey a most stunning view of California from its desert floor to its lofty peaks. Next, your journey today brings you to the Tioga Pass** into the scenic wonderland of Yosemite National Park. Here, you will experience the valley floor and its splendors including the glacial-shaped granite formations of El Capitan, Half Dome, the magnificent Bridal Falls and Yosemite Falls. Overnight in nearby Sacramento.
Sacramento – San Francisco
Depart early this morning to arrive in San Francisco, one of the most beloved cities in America. Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair. Enjoy a comprehensive sightseeing tour before arriving at your hotel. This evening take a memorable City by Night Tour (optional).
San Francisco (Napa Valley optional)
Day at leisure! Your Tour Director is on hand to assist with making your plans for the day: perhaps a cable car ride to Fisherman’s Wharf where you may enjoy a “Taste of San Francisco”: local seafood, famous sourdough breads or decadent Ghiradelli’s Chocolate. Or take a stroll by Sea Lions’ Marina to watch them frolic. Be sure to gaze across the bay to Alcatraz island where “America’s Most Wanted” such as Al Capone and ”Machine Gun” Kelly were incarcerated. Or visit Union Square for a shopping stop at Macy’s Department Store. You also may choose to embark on a wine tasting tour to Napa Valley, world renowned for its fine wineries and beautiful scenery (optional).
San Francisco – Monterey/Carmel – Central Coast
Depart San Francisco this morning for the drive to the Monterey Peninsula, known for its magnificent homes and lovely beaches. In Monterey, visit Fisherman’s Wharf and famous Cannery Row. Then tour charming Carmel-by-the-Sea, noted for its quaint houses, upscale art galleries and unique stores. In the afternoon your tour continues through Paso Robles, home of fine wineries. Overnight in a quaint Central California Coast town.
Central Coast – Santa Barbara – Santa Monica – Los Angeles
Journey south through the Santa Ynez valley into Santa Barbara where palm–lined walkways border white sandy beaches. Upon arrival in Los Angeles an orientation tour commences to include Hollywood, portions of Beverly Hills and Century City before arriving in Santa Monica, home to the finish line of Historic Route 66, where you may enjoy an optional lunch on the pier before arriving at your hotel.
Your tour ends upon check out from your hotel.
Prices, Dates, Hotels & Conditions
CHANGE CURRENCY€ £ $ A$ ¥ C$
The final price you will pay for this tour is that displayed in USD. Prices converted in other
currencies are for guidance purposes only and are approximate.
|DEPARTURES 2021||DEPARTURES 2022||DEPARTURES 2023||PRICE FROM
|JAN 7, 28||JAN 6||JAN 5||2100||1985||1715|
|FEB 25||FEB 3||FEB 2||2100||1985||1715|
|MAR 11||MAR 3||MAR 2||2100||1985||1715|
|APR 1, 15, 22, 29||APR 14, 28||-||2100||1985||1715|
|MAY 13, 20||MAY 12, 19||-||2100||1985||1715|
|JUNE 3, 10, 17||JUNE 2, 9, 23||-||2215||2100||1800|
|JULY 1, 15, 29||JULY 7, 14||-||2215||2100||1800|
|AUG 5, 12, 26||AUG 4, 11, 25||-||2215||2100||1800|
|SEP 2, 16, 23, 30||SEP 1, 15, 29||-||2215||2100||1800|
|OCT 7, 21||OCT 6, 20||-||2215||2100||1800|
|NOV 11||NOV 10||-||2100||1985||1715|
|DEC 2, 16||DEC 15||-||2100||1985||1715|
YOUR ESCORTED MOTORCOACH TOUR INCLUDES
- Services of a professional Tour Manager throughout
- Deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach with onboard restroom facilities
- Hotel accommodations as specified or similar
- Sightseeing as specified
- Hotel taxes; service charges; and baggage (one suitcase per person)
TOUR HIGHLIGHT INCLUSIONS
- 1 complimentary breakfast*
- Enjoy a welcome reception where you will meet your fellow travelers
- Experience the low key coastal vibes of San Diego during day long sightseeing tour of the city
- Discover the famed mid-century architecture of “Hollywood’s desert retreat” during a visit to Palm Springs
- Gaze at the majesty of the Grand Canyon
- Relive American western film history, witnessing the iconic western landscapes of Monument Valley
- Capture the unique rock formations of Bryce Canyon National Park
- Enjoy leisure time for shopping, gambling, eating, or all of the above in glitzy Las Vegas
- Post an Instagram of yourself at the iconic “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign
- Traverse the lowest and driest spot within the western hemisphere: Death Valley National Park
- Explore the magnificent falls during a visit to majestic Yosemite National Park (weather permitting)
- Take in the sites of the City by the Bay, San Francisco, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Union Square and Fisherman’s Wharf
- Journey through America’s capital of technology innovation, Silicon Valley
- Experience the charming sites and sounds of Monterey including Cannery Row, inspiration for American author John Steinbeck
- Discover through the picturesque scenery of California’s central coast and its rich agricultural plains
- Enjoy a touch of Europe in the new world while visiting the Danish community of Solvang
- Stroll the Hollywood Walk of Fame and find your favorite celebrity’s star
- Get a glimpse of all the glamour Los Angeles has to offer with stops at some of its most famous spots
|1-2||Los Angeles||Holiday Inn Anaheim|
|3||Phoenix/Scottsdale||Delta Hotels Phoenix Mesa|
|4||Grand Canyon||Yavapai West|
|5||Lake Powell||Best Western Lake Powell*|
|6||Bryce Canyon||Ruby’s Inn|
|7-8||Las Vegas||Luxor Las Vegas|
|9||Mammoth Lakes||Mammoth Mountain Inn or Picadilly Inn Shaw in Fresno (Winter)|
|10||Yosemite Gateway||Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Airport|
|11-12||San Francisco||Parc 55/Hilton Union Square|
|13||Central Coast||Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Santa Maria/Radisson Santa Maria|
|14||Los Angeles||Hilton Los Angeles Airport|
PRE & POST HOTELS
PRE: Los Angeles, Holiday Inn Anaheim
POST: Los Angeles, Hilton Los Angeles Airport
- Hop on a harbor cruise of San Diego Bay
- Take flight over the magnificent Grand Canyon for unforgettable experience
- Jump into a Jeep and taking an in depth tour of Monument Valley
- Capture the intense colors and ethereal light of Antelope Canyon
- How about a boot stompin’ dinner with country music fun at Ebenezer’s Barn in Bryce Canyon
- Experience the glitz and glam of Las Vegas during an extensive evening tour
- Hop on board a cable car during an extensive night tour of San Francisco and enjoy dinner tonight in the “City by the Bay”
- Ride a bike across the Golden Gate Bridge with vast views of the San Francisco Bay
- Enjoy a traditional lunch at world famous Bubba Gump at Santa Monica Pier the finishing line of famed route 66